Re: GitLab migration

> I don't have, or want, a cell phone (or any Google account).
You do not need a cell phone. You can use a computer based TOTP supporting
authentication app such as Authy or FOSS KeePassXC (
https://keepassxc.org/screenshots/)

> A simple password is not perfect, but at least it is easy to use and
works from any computer install.

The problem with passwords is there's no way to force users to have unique
passwords per website they made accounts for.

> Kicad gitlab repo is for a FOSS development.

And time and time again, FOSS software repos get hacked because somebody
didn't have 2FA enabled and malicious code is injected stealthily.
It is a real security issue in the year 2019. Everything from desktop apps
to 4 lines of code libraries in programming package libraries are high
value targets and are at constant risk.