kicad-doc-devs team mailing list archive

Re: Problems to build (Polish/Japanese EEschema) documentation since commit a5002028

Am 21.03.19 um 21:42 schrieb Eugene Kilachkoff:
> Why you keep saying this is an asciidoc problem? To me it is cmake
> generating wrong build scripts....

I'm just convinced if it turn out it is really a CMake issue.
On the other hand asciidoc is Python2 and has some nasty downsides, as
seen with the Japanese characters that are not correctly parsed.

The more or less successor is asciidoctor which is written Ruby, a
really common language in website development in recent days. It will do
better job here I guess.

> Might be still worth investigating, we could find something interesting
> inside :)

The days of Python2 are mostly gone. You will need to move over to
Python3 or some other language. $(someone) just needs to start this.

--
Regards
Carsten Schoenert