Re: Kicad-library Wiki page

On Sun, Aug 31, 2014 at 2:48 AM, Kerusey Karyu <keruseykaryu@xxxxx> wrote:

>> I am not sure to understand what you are talking about for the home
>> page. Are you talking about describing what a repository is? This would
>> be like explaining what github is all about.
>>
>>  I'm talking about this particular repository which is KiCad-Library.
>
> I do not want to describe what GitHub is because it is already
> described elsewhere. I think about a short KiCad-Library presentation.
> Not only the people involved in the project can hit at him.

You mean describing what this particular repository is for, and how its
structure works? This sounds good to me. I'll write something up in the
next few days.

>  By the way, thanks for managing the bunch of recent pull requests, it's
>> really appreciated.
>>
>>  It was a extremely bumpy road to go.
>
> I still doesn't have an idea how to finalize this request:
> https://github.com/KiCad/SMD_Packages.pretty/pull/12
>
> We already have a TO-263-5 in SMD_Packages.pretty so merging D2PAK-5
> may create a little mess. On the other hand I started a discussion
> how to improve D2PAK-5 footprint and this has been done.
> I'm a bit confused.

If it's better than the original TO-263-5, we overwrite it! I'm thinking we
could specify to use the JEDEC name in the convention:

6.1. Name uses JEDEC standard where possible. Ex: "TO-263" instead of
"D2PAK"