Re: How do I fix mailing lists?

On 09-08-07 05:57 PM, Maris Fogels wrote:
On 09-08-07 12:05 PM, Jonathan Lange wrote:
On Fri, Aug 7, 2009 at 4:20 PM, Maris Fogels wrote:
On 09-08-05 04:44 PM, Jonathan Lange wrote:
On Wed, Aug 5, 2009 at 9:40 PM, Karl Fogel
wrote:
Danilo `egan  writes:
* Many Ubuntu-related mailing list requests, which should instead live
on lists.ubuntu.com
What if we

 a) Put a big notice there reminding people to create Ubuntu lists at
   lists.ubuntu.com, and

 b) If a list has ubuntu in its name, interpose a warning+confirmation
   screen, and

 c) For the few mistakes that still happen, just do post-facto review
   and move them over to ubuntu.com as needed.

Would this work?

If the user has put "ubuntu" or "loco" in the list title, then offer to create an ubuntu.com email list for them. Use two radio buttons for the option:

 O my-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
 X my-list@xxxxxxxxxx

By the way, this idea solves b), and you move the warning from a) onto the radio button page, not the main interface (I dislike any warnings - don't make me think).

c) is still required, and I like Jono's plan for that.

Maris