Re: Plan to migrate Blueprint work items from whiteboards

On 9 February 2012 15:17, curtis Hovey <curtis.hovey@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> The trick on that one is that we need to provide a migration path for
>> teams. Many / most Ubuntu teams still use polls for their yearly
>> governance election. Many would like to use an external survey site, but
>> there is no way currently to get a listing of all members email address
>> so that they can set-up an authoritative survey on such sites.
>
> This is still not the whole truth. Few Ubuntu teams governance says
> polls must be used, but they are almost impossible to setup, and it is
> impossible for the team admins to contact the team members to take the
> poll. (We have declined requests to provide the admins with member email
> addresses or to run a script with Lp Admin privileges).

I chatted with Laura yesterday and Daniel Holbach today. Both are on
the Community Council.

Laura said that team polls are still part of the team process for some
Ubuntu teams and Daniel confirmed this. It's true that they use this
rarely but, AIUI, that's because they rarely have a change of
membership.

Daniel suggested that I email ~ubuntu-council-teams, which cover the
Ubuntu Community Council and similar teams, such as the IRC Council,
Tech Board and so on.

I'm going to explain why we would like to remove polls and to open a
discussion about how we can help those teams move away from using LP
team polls.

Salgado, I expect that this process could take a week or two. I
imagine that makes removing polls less useful to you as a candidate
for helping reduce LoC. Pretty much any feature will need a period of
consultation before we can consider ripping it out, though.

Cheers.

--
Matthew Revell
Launchpad Product Manager