Re: New Launchpad Translators group: Dutch

În data de Mi, 14-10-2009 la 22:08 +0200, S. Schauenburg a scris:
> I'll forward this to our current translation team so we can get this
> show on the road. I think either way, we should consider this as
> 'just' another project which needs translating. Perhaps it is a good
> idea to make the lp-l10n-nl team a subteam of ubuntu-l10n-nl since
> there will be a lot of cross pollination or is this maybe
> useless/unwanted? This will probably make the translation easier,
> since the ubuntu-l10n-nl translators can also access the launchpad
> projects. What are your thoughts on this?
This is not just another project, as lp-l10n is very similar to
ubuntu-l10n, just that is has a neutral name, as some upstream project
maintainers are not happy to assign the project to an ubuntu team, but
are happy to assign it to an launchpad team...just politics :(

> On another note, what do you exactly mean by 'dedicated to the
> translation of upstream projects hosted in Launchpad'? All projects in
> launchpad? I can imagine that some projects would rather have their
> own translation team or control their own translations, but that
> choice has to be made by the projects themselves. Or do you mean the
> translation of launchpad itself?
The goal of having both ubuntu-l10n and lp-l10n teams is to separate
downstream and upstream translations, while still keeping translators
together.

There is not much use in having 100 NL translation teams for 100
projects hosted in LP.

Maybe in the NL team you have 5 knowledgeable people that can work in
Ubuntu translation and handle both downstream changes, and another 10
people willing to work on translating other LP hosted projects like CMS
or other non-Ubuntu translations.

In this case, it make sense to have ubuntu-l10n a subteam of lp-l10n

Also lp-l10n is an neutral name.

Sebastian, does it make sense to you?

If we all agree, we can schedule an IRC session and talk and solve this
problem.

Just because a team coordinator is busy for a while, does not make a
good reason for creating lp1-l10n and lp2-l10n teams. If you know what I
mean. Florijn may be bussy, but I am sure he will answer ... or in any
case we should find a way for continuing the lp-l10n-nl team.

Cheers,
Adi

--
Adi Roiban