Re: Correction and control

On Mon, May 31, 2010 at 2:44 PM, Yaron Shahrabani <sh.yaron@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
(...)
> You'll have to trust me on this, nobody cares...
> Ubuntu translators are monitored but all the others just don't pay
> attention, its related to the Israeli mentality and I don't think I have
> enough resources to fight it

I think the psychology here is a bit different.  People are always
lazy and won't read the instructions (unless they are very short)
until explicitly asked - but that's not really the big deal.  The real
issue is that you rarely get very good by reading instructions,
*compared* to how good you get by knowing exactly what you did wrong
and what should be done to get it right.

In lots of cases it is possible to make a mistake without realizing
that it is one of the cases mentioned in the documentation.  Therefore
it is important to have effective per-string communication *and* good
guidelines.  Since a reviewer had to change the string anyway, it's
not much trouble to write a short notice to the translator about why
the string was changed - this is really what we need, I think.

Regards
Ask