Re: Rosetta: Need re-upload of packages to get upstream translations?

Jeroen Vermeulen [2008-09-30 19:07 +0700]:
> And while we're at it, maybe gcc should be changed in the other
> direction?  AFAIK gcc-3.4, gcc-4.1 etc. all use the same domain even
> though they can easily run side by side.

As far as I remember they have always done that. 4.3 certainly does:

$ ltrace -e textdomain gcc
textdomain("gcc-4.3")                                              = "gcc-4.3"

I just checked my old domain overrides history, and it seems to confirm:

http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~ubuntu-langpack/langpack-o-matic/main/annotate/60?start_revid=60&file_id=gcc3.4-20060331163602-150152552ce387d9

there, the gcc-3.4 package had the "gcc-3.4" gettext domain.

Martin