Re: Can't upload to my ppa

On 7/7/2012 11:34 AM, Neil Munro wrote:
---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: ViViD <vivnet@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 7 July 2012 17:29
Subject: Re: [Launchpad-users] Can't upload to my ppa
To: Neil Munro <neilmunro@xxxxxxxxx>

On 7/7/2012 9:12 AM, Neil Munro wrote:
On 7 July 2012 16:23, ViViD <vivnet@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 7/7/2012 8:07 AM, Neil Munro wrote:
It seems I spoke too soon

niadh@ubuntu:~/liberedit$ dput ppa:neilmunro/liberedit
../liberedit_12.07.13_source.changes

Package has already been uploaded to ppa on ppa.launchpad.net
Nothing more to do for ../liberedit_12.07.13_source.changes

I keeps outputting this error, that is after I run quickly release,
but it all appears to run correctly but a few minutes later I get an
email telling me it was rejected, how can I point quickly to aim at
the right PPA?

Thanks,
Neil

If its already been uploaded, the problem is self-explanatory here. What you
can do is bump the version of the package, which will clear up that issue.
Also, you should be using some type of Debian revision system.

Instead of 12.07.13, you should have something more like 12.07.13-1, where
-1 is the revision of the Debian packaging.  On Ubuntu this is usually
-0ubuntu1.
But it's not uploading to the right ppa, it's I get an email that reads

Rejected:
Launchpad failed to process the upload path '~neilmunro/ppa/ubuntu':

x2 is disabled.

It is likely that you have a configuration problem with dput/dupload.
Please check the documentation at
https://help.launchpad.net/Packaging/PPA#Uploading and update your
configuration.

Further error processing not possible because of a critical previous error.

I know x2 is disabled and quickly release attempts to upload to x2, I
want it to point to liberedit, how do I ensure this happens?

Thanks,
Neil

dput ppa:neilmunro/liberedit PACKAGE_VERSION_source.changes

So that works, and I have the version as a tar.gz file on the server,
where are the installable deb files? Do I have to subscribe to the PPA
to see them? I have tried to add ppa:neilmunro/liberedit and nothing
appears, I know I am doing something horribly wrong am just getting a
bit stressed with the deadline being on Monday for the app showdown.

Any and all help really is appreciated, even if I sound a bit harassed.

Thanks,
Neil