lp-l10n-fr-community team mailing list archive

Re: French translation

On Wed, 2013-07-03 at 22:43 +0200, Nicolas Delvaux wrote:
> It works just fine here on my projects, you may be missing something.
>
> Perhaps you should use intltool-update instead of xgettext.
> You can have a look at [1] and [2] for some examples.

It's actually neither that is the problem. If I enable both
--add-comments --add-location to xgettext, both the comments and the
location are available in the message catalogue template, but I think LP
translations only shows the first line anyways (the comment). Also, the
--add-location can be annoying because just adding one line of white
space to a source file can change the whole message template diff, even
though nothing actually needed to change in it. I'll enable it anyways
since the code is more or less done now.

> We will do what we can :-)

Thanks Nicolas. I'm not sure how different fr_CA is from fr or fr_FR,
but it might be as simple as just copying the fr message catalogue into
fr_CA and changing a few words?

--
Kip Warner -- Software Engineer
OpenPGP encrypted/signed mail preferred