Re: Another Lubuntu Question

Hi Robin,

there are numerous distros coming with LXDE as default. See here
http://wiki.lxde.org/en/Category:Linux_Distributions I added MoonOS a
couple of weeks ago myself. I have not tried it. It is also a new
project.

Distros have different advantages and focus. Besides the goal of
lightweightness and simplicity, one focus of lubuntu is to bringt
together a viable and sustainable community. This will take time, but
we are not pressed. (However it would be nice to have a first version
asap.)

I believe any effort we are doing with lubuntu can help different
distros based on Ubuntu. Currently the number of people working on
packages is rather small for example. We could change that a bit I
hope. Also there is an additional focus to make a distro run on ARM
and Mips. How the progress and work will look like depends on the
people involved.

Having an initial statement of Canonical and some people actually
working for Canonical in the team makes me confident that we work on a
viable project, that has the potential to become an official Ubuntu
derivate with the goals defined. There is no official statement about
this though, just informal meetings and chats.

About Mint, it is also a good choice. Would be great if we could join
up with many different projects.

All the best,

Mario