Re: plymouth

First: Isn't there a way to get a text based splashcreen without plymouth??
it would result a faster boot! (and less complicated?)
Second: a text based installer seems to me an excellent idea to make the
installation fast, since many of us and the rest of the possible users of
lubuntu would possibly use it to revamp an old machine!!
Third: the text based installer should be by default and exist no other.
Doing this, then we will not be dependent of some things that goes nuts, or
another ones that are consuming much ram AND the install would be FAST.

It's just my humble opinion :)

--
jpxsat
Ubuntu user #29.157 (Lubuntu 10.04)