Re: plymouth

Am 03.10.2010 01:08, schrieb Jean-Pierre Vidal Piesset:
> First: Isn't there a way to get a text based splashcreen without plymouth??

You need something similiar as plymouth. And as I sad plymouth already
has a text plugin which is doing exact the same which you want to have.
> it would result a faster boot! (and less complicated?)

I doubt that it will be a lot faster. Plymouth isn't in any way
complicated.
There is just a plymouth Daemon started at the preinit stage and this
one blocks the normal "text" output on TTy1 and blends in a splash (no
matter which plugin you use, if text or real graphics or even simple movie)