Re: Any major "must fix before Beta" issues left in Lubuntu?

Currently the alternate CD contains a nice text-based installer.
What I suggested is to make a new installer based on the current one
in alternate cd.
However, the new installer only install the minimal base system + core
utils + X11 + gdm + drivers to harddisk. Then, reboot into X11 and
then we can launch a GUI installer from hard-disk to finish the
remaining parts, which can partially based on ubiquity. This solves
all the problems in an elegant way.

1. Text-based installer only does disk partitioning and install base
system. So actually nothing needs to be done by the user manually
except for disk partitioning. It's nearly automatic.

2. After rebooting, we boot from hard-disk into a clean X11 session
with only GUI installer running. So we're not running the live cd and
hence the memory usage can be ``minimal'', < 128 MB I guess. The GUI
installer is the only GUI programming running under X11 and we have no
running desktop environment, so it can use all the RAM available. So
we can write the GUI part without worrying about RAM usage. So
developing the GUI installer can be much easier than developing
ubiquity since memory usage is no more an issue. We can do what we
want easily in it.

Personally, I think this kind of installer is most suitable for our
system since it has good efficiency, functionality, smaller memory
footprint, and better reliability then running on live cd.