Re: Lubuntu and updates (wiki standards)

Jonathon,

I'll reply as best as I can inline to try and make it easier to follow. If
others have more up to date or correct information please jump in

On 1 May 2011 16:38, Jonathan Marsden <jmarsden@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> QUESTION #1:
>
> One issue I did not find clear info on is the combining of a #title line
> to provide a readable title when you also need tags.  Per
> https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Tag :
>
>  Tags should be added at the very top of a page, before any other
>  text.
>
> However, this causes #title to fail (it gets treated as normal text and
> displayed!).  But putting #title before the tag includes cause the
> includes not to display, as far as I can tell!
>
> What is the correct way to have both a #title line and tags on the same
> page?
>
> A page on which this is currently attempted (but not really working) is
>
>  https://wiki.ubuntu.com/DocumentationTeam/StyleGuide

I spent an hour trying to solve this and the best I can come up with is that
that page is referencing a help.u.c link (Tag/ContentCleanup) from within a
wiki.u.c site so it probably needs to correct, full link as the help and
wiki u.c sites are sort of linked but still separate I believe. Someone else
can correct me if I'm wrong.

> QUESTION #2:
>
> That style guide also claims to apply to the help wiki, but it has a
> major section about docbook tags in it, at
> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/DocumentationTeam/StyleGuide/DocbookConventions
> .  Can we *really* add docbook markup tags to wiki pages and expect them
> to do the right thing?  That would be very cool, and sometimes useful --
> but I don't think it would work!

The documentation team is not just about wiki pages. They are moving more
and more into DocBook work and further away from wikis as far as I can tell
from the Documentation mailing list. So this information is put up on the
wiki but actually refers to their work in the DocBook documentation. So in
short, I wouldn't use DocBook markup on the wiki.

I hope that helps you out a bit, please let me know if you were chasing more
information on either of the questions.

Regards,

Jared Norris JP(Qual) BBehSc(Psych)
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/JaredNorris