Re: [12.04] Firefox instead of Chromium?

It's true that I have both Ubuntu 11.04 (which I'll get rid of soon) and
Lubuntu 11.04 installed but just to be extra clear, I'm just using Lubuntu
11.04 as I'm writing this. I have LXTask (installed by default) and I have
installed recently System Monitor too.
The figures are not the same.

If some of you think conky is not accurate then let's ignore it but still,
I'm having two different readings.

Anyway, lovinglinux, an add-on developer for Firefox and Ubuntu Forum
Moderator has suggested to use "about:memory".

The test that I'm willing to do is on another PC (P4 with 256MB RAM) and it
has fresh new Lubuntu 11.10 installed.

Thanks!

P.S.
Jean-Pierre
I don't think Dual-Booting Ubuntu and Lubuntu has anything to do with that
extra 100MB IMHO. Each on different partition and each has its own files,
etc.

On Tue, Nov 8, 2011 at 4:57 PM, Jean-Pierre Vidal Piesset
<jpxsat@xxxxxxxxx>wrote:

> 2011/11/8 amjjawad HOOHAA <amjjawad@xxxxxxxxx>
>
>> Guys,
>>
>> I was wondering if someone has noticed that LXTask actually shows +100MB
>> usage more than System Monitor and Conky so what is going on?
>> I have System Monitor installed on Lubutnu 11.04 (was testing something)
>> and Conky as well. While each of System Monitor (GNOME APP) and Conky are
>> showing the same memory usage, LXTask add *100MB* to that.
>> Example: System Monitor + Conky shows 287MB while Firefox Loaded with two
>> tabs. On the other hand, LXTask shows 387MB.
>>
>> Any idea?
>>

> I have similar issue when lubuntu is installed alongside with ubuntu :/

Best Regards,

*amjjawad*
Lubuntu One Stop Thread (Mega
Thread)<http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1844755>
My Wiki Page <https://wiki.ubuntu.com/amjjawad> | My
Launchpad<https://launchpad.net/%7Eamjjawad> |
My Ubuntu Forum Profile <http://ubuntuforums.org/member.php?u=941822>

*My Actions Speak Louder Than My Words ||** ** I walk by faith, not by
sight **|| Imagination is more important than Knowledge || **Keep It Simple
and Short*