Re: Fw: Dropping i386 non-PAE as a supported kernel flavour in Precise Pangolin

Question-probably naive, but anyway- why don't we keep an 'old kernel' package for those with older CPUs?

I don't see that it would need maintenance-that's just what it is-dead weight for those who need really old machnes to work.

Tell me if I'm wrong. But I vote to ditch PAE with th default kernel. Maybe have two kernels in the defult iso and some hardware detection in the installer to install the right kernel? (IDK if that's possible)