Re: usb-creator-gtk fails to run on lubuntu13.04 beta 2, launchpad bug 1165200

On 06/06/2013 10:01 PM, nio wiklund wrote:

> I'm eagerly awaiting your results Jonathan,

An initial PPA build for Raring is uploaded and in the build queue now,
it should be done in a couple of hours.  It will show up in

  ppa:jmarsden/lubuntu

when it is done (assuming it builds correctly!).  See

  https://launchpad.net/~jmarsden/+archive/lubuntu/+build/4650174

> If usb-creator-gtk is to be used in the current iso testing, and by
> other people too, they should be know that they need to mount the
> partition on the USB drive. Otherwise they waste time finding out or
> simply quit. I expect it will take a long time until the bug is fixed.

ISO testers are hardy folks, and often experienced testers.  They'll
have to deal with the software the way it is ... unless you have a patch
that fixes that issue ready to go :)  I suspect that usb-creator-gtk
expects the GNOME automounter to be up and running.  But... that's a
different problem to the one we are now trying to solve.

Jonathan