Re: [PPC] Saucy Daily Build for 6/21 hangs on Plymouth Text Screen

On Sun, Jun 23, 2013 at 12:52 PM, <keith@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Jun 23, 2013, at 10:10 AM, Lars Noodén wrote:
>
>  On 06/23/2013 03:12 PM, keith@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
>>
>>> Once you learn how to do it, it's very easy and faster than using a cd
>>> drive. At least it seems faster to me. And, if you start testing allot,
>>> it saves money on blank cds. Maybe I'm just cheap?  :)
>>>

>> You should be able to get a DVD RW to last for many, many installations
>> if you don't manage to get it too scratched up.
>>
>> Regards,
>> /Lars
>>
>> --
>>

> Yep, that'll work too, if his G4 Mac Mini came with the optional
> superdrive. The standard configuration shipped with only a combo drive--no
> DVDRW, only CDRW.
>
> Good option, though, if one has a DVDRW.
>
> Keith

Mine was the cheapest one they had when they first started selling them.
I've since upgraded the RAM to 1GB, but I still have the 256MB stick and
can replace it to do low-memory tests. I do have an external DVD burner
which I use with my netbook that also works with the Mini, and the CD drive
in my Mini can read DVDs (but cannot burn them). At least from the Mini's
standpoint, everyone who owns a Mini can burn a CD, so we should probably
attempt to keep it CD-sized so they can burn their own disc instead.