Re: Video Problems - Saucy

On Fri, Jul 12, 2013 at 6:40 AM, Phill Whiteside <PhillW@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi Ali,
>
> then my advice is to nag them to become html5 compliant.

How many websites do we have to nag? :)
I don't really think this is a good idea.

The browsers now are, do not forget apple seem to sell lots of computers
> and they have always refused to support flash :)

Never had apple and never used it. But that is good information :)

> I do not see a good reason for linux to flog itself to death in such a
> situation, just as I do not feel they should spend time trying to emulate
> silverlight / moonlight systems.

Hmm, how many years Linux had a problem when it comes to Flash?

Frustrating this may seem, but as sites realise that they are losing an
> ever growing percentage of people who cannot / will not tie them selves to
> such propriatory systems, things will change.

Then why all those Linux Users failed to convince Adobe to have a Linux
Version for Photoshop, for example?!

You know as I know when a new user to Linux will come across this issue,
he/she will simply switch back to Windows and/or reboot and login to
Windows (in case of Dual/Multi-Booting).

If we want to spread Linux, we should be ready for everything :D
IMHO, of course!

> That there are linux releases for video cards was some what unheard of a
> few years ago.

I'm unsure whether the issue I am having is because a driver? CPU is too
old and can not handle these kind of videos? the system on such machine?
etc? no idea :/

Note:
As I mentioned earlier, I have not yet tried to watch a Local Video as in
Local File on that machine (http://phillw.net/hardware/BnA9pw11).

--

"All of us are smarter than any one of us."

*Best Regards,*
*amjjawad <https://wiki.ubuntu.com/amjjawad/>*
*Start Ubuntu<https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Lubuntu/CommunicationsTeam/WOWLubuntu/StartUbuntu>
*