Re: Video Problems - Saucy

Hi Everyone,

On Sat, Aug 3, 2013 at 6:08 AM, Andre Rodovalho
<andre.rodovalho@xxxxxxxxx>wrote:

> Ali, those numbers only show how much compressed h264 videos are...
>
> If you have some time and hard disk space, you can play with avconv and
> convert those videos you downloaded with xvid or divx codecs. Only for test
> purposes...

Well, I don't have time for more tests :D I already have lots to do
(Lubuntu, Xubuntu and Ubuntu GNOME) + lots of Doc&Wiki Tasks (
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuGNOMEOneStopPage) to be done.

However, there is some good news :)

I have moved recently to another place and another city. I was without
internet for 6 days (and still without TV) and just trying to unpack my
stuff step by step. I still connect my test PC to my 32" LCD to watch
Naruto and some Movies whenever possible. This time, I changed a bit of the
setup. I NO LONGER connecting my test PC to the Wireless Network. I'm
connecting directly to my Router. Having that said, I no longer have issues
with slow downloading to videos, etc. However, I still have some problems
whenever I watch online videos on narutoget.com for example.

To overcome this, I'm using a Firefox Extension (
http://www.flashvideodownloader.org/) to download Naruto's Eps and the file
size now is not more than 45MB which I get it within maximum 3 mins.

So, I'm watching the Eps now as Local Files instead of Online as I used to.
Not a real solution but I'm sick and tired of the slowness of online videos.

By the way, I'm not using Lubuntu 13.10 right now to watch because of the
Screensaver/Black Screen issue. I'm using WattOS 7.

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/xfce4-power-manager/+bug/1193716

To summarize all this: Tried Lubuntu 13.10, Xubuntu 12.04, PeppermintoOS 4
and Watt OS 7 and this video issue is happening on all these systems so it
is definitely NOT Lubuntu's Fault. It is the Machine itself even with high
speed internet.

http://phillw.net/hardware/BnA9pw11

Downloading the videos and watch them locally, as far as I can tell, after
a very long thread of emails for quite some time now, I think it is the
only way which I can't call a solution but it is better than nothing.

Thank you!

--
*Remember: "All of us are smarter than any one of us."
*Best Regards,