Re: Next respin tested 2013-10-17 00:43 (06.43 CEST)

On 2013-10-17 23:23, JM wrote:
> On Thu, 17 Oct 2013 20:04:58 +0200
> Nio Wiklund <nio.wiklund@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>

>> Hi Mélodie,
>>
>> It is OK for me that you start a poll in the French Ubuntu forums.
>
> Hi Nio,
>
> Done:
> Sondage : Lubuntu avec FAKE-PAE, êtes-vous concerné ? -
> http://forum.ubuntu-fr.org/viewtopic.php?id=1396961
>
> I would have liked to point to the thread related to the topic here at the mailing list,
> but the topic is mixed and also I can't find the right post, there is no clear indicator
> in the archives related to the time it was posted.
>
> You can check, there are a bunch belonging to the present thread marked as "(06.43 CEST)",
> for instance.
>
> Could you start a topic about kernels without pae and about the spins done with the
> fake-pae upstart job?
>
> Else, what is on the download section of the fake-pae? img files? How do you install that
> to hard drive? :)
>
> Regards,
> Mélodie

Hi Mélodie,

1. I'll follow your thread :-)

2. What do you mean by 'start a thread about kernels without pae and
about the spins done with the fake-pae upstart job'? There are several
such threads already at the Ubuntu Forums. Or do you mean a poll in
English? When logged in you can search the Ubuntu Forums for fake-pae,
and you will find pages of threads, one of them about a simple 'poll',

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=2143502&p=12640488#post12640488

Maybe you, Jörn, should make the poll, if you want to, so that it will
ask *your* question(s) and not my interpretation of your intentions.

3. At the moment there are at least four ways to install systems with
fake-PAE, described indirectly by

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Lubuntu-fake-PAE

a. The method by Mörgæs at
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/PAE

b. Grub-n-iso
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/grub-n-iso

c. Installed system
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/InstalledSystemFakePAE

d. One Button Installer
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/phillw/OBI

*. How to install image files: Reverse the way they were created, in the
case of 'my' img.gz and img.xz files, there is help using the script
file 'mkusb' from