Re: Alternate testcase changes

Den 2015-02-27 20:06, Lars Noodén skrev:
> On 27.02.2015 20:36, Walter Lapchynski wrote:
>> If you do want to help with testcases, I emphasize how important it is
>> to make sure that we have matching testcases for both desktop and
>> alternate. Please make sure to read the documentation on styles and
>> such. A hint on that: there's no such thing as a "Lubuntu" testcase.
>>
>> [1]: https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/debian-installer/+bug/1425681/comments/10
>> [2]: https://bazaar.launchpad.net/~ubuntu-testcase/ubuntu-manual-tests/trunk/view/head:/testcases/image/1439_Alternate%20Install%20%28Encryption%29
>
> From that perspective I would say that it is important to add an
> encrypted HD test to the Desktop image rather than trim it from the
> Alternate image.  I don't have a bureaucratic bone in my body and very
> limited skills otherwise, but within those constraints I can try to help
> write up the test cases.  I can see we could checkout and edit [2]
> above, but the contents seem fine.  Is it just a matter of creating a
> file, say, "1659_Install (encryption)" and filling it with the steps
> need to get Ubiquity to create an encrypted LVM?
>
> Regards,
> /Lars

Hi Lars,

Walter made the alternate testcase available again, so we use it as a
template:

http://iso.qa.ubuntu.com/qatracker/milestones/326/builds/89862/testcases/1439/results

"Alternate Install (Encryption) in Lubuntu Alternate i386 for Vivid Daily "

I think we can use the Ubuntu testcase as a template for the desktop iso:

http://iso.qa.ubuntu.com/qatracker/milestones/326/builds/89833/testcases/1451/results

"Install (entire disk with lvm and encryption) in Ubuntu Desktop i386
for Vivid Daily "