Re: Duplicate applet icons for online help etc 'â' and network-manager (nm-applet)

A bug has been raised, mainly just so it has a bug [1]. After a brief
description it points to this mail conversation for further information.

As some comments have not been cc'd to the mailing list and thus not
viewable, I've copied them below. Please use the 'Reply to All' function if
adding information to this mail, or use the bug!

1. https://launchpad.net/bugs/1488660

Oh ok I see.

The answer is this is most probably the Lubuntu setup which triggers this.

You have the 3.5.* version of Openbox. (Not the patched 3.6.* git for
Mati75 at Lubuntu
testing).

There is a special "Lubuntu" setup which has these two apps started with
the user
session (whatever â-applet is).

So, there is a solution to solve it definitely, but I'm still working on it
with 2/3
other people. Then I'll get back to the Lubuntu team leader Julien about
it. It should
fix the issue.

For now, if you remove either python-xdg from the install, or deactivate
the Lubuntu kick
in with session for these two programs you will solve it.

(python-xdg has never been a must have with the openbox package, it's
optional, so if you
have it, programs whose desktop files are in /etc/xdg/autostart and or in
the user's
~/.config/autostart will be started, because this is inside one of the
openbox files, if
you don't know python-xdg and no other process launches them, you don't
have them
started at all in the session, which is a problem too). As I tell you, I
expect to get it
solved by the end of the year and to be able to bring a simple and elegant
lasting solution.

Best regards,
Mélodie

Hi Phill,

I could not figure out which package is the culprit, so I could not file a
bug. I hope Mélodie will tell us. If she wants to file the bug, fine!
Otherwise I can do it.