Re: MariaDB + PBXT

Paul McCullagh <paul.mccullagh@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> Looks like this bug was reported already:
>
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/bzr/+bug/364305

Yes, this looks like the same problem.

> The question is: is this a show stopper for us at the moment?

Yes, I think so. I do not want to merge this and run the risk of a corrupted
repository in some way (ie. I am fairly certain that this is a bzr bug, but I
am not certain whether the bug is when making my original tree, or when
the bzr error message occurs during testing the merge).

One thing I might try is to re-do the merge in smaller steps. There is a _lot_
of add/move/delete/patch the same file in the same changeset, and it is clear
that it is very hard to get all the special cases of this right in the bzr
code (I would personally lean towards not allowing a single file to be both
added, deleted, moved, and/or patched in the same commit).

So if I re-do the merge with seperate commits:

  1. In pbxt repo, move needed files into pbxt-to-be-merged, delete rest.
  2. In MariaDB repo, delete PBXT files from the old merge.
  3. Pull renamed pbxt into mariadb without other changes.
  4. Move files in pbxt-to-be-merged into place
  5. Apply needed patches.

Then each individual step will be in a separate commit, which should make the
history hopefully more sane.