Re: Shared plugin library build question

On Wed, 2011-11-09 at 23:54 +0100, Sergei Golubchik wrote:
> Hi, Steve!

> > There seem to be some other failing tests where I have garbage in the
> > output, I haven't investigated these but the failures are along the
> > lines of this difference:
> >
> > -mysql.user     authentication_string   42      NULL    NO      text    65535   65535   NULL    NULL    utf8    utf8_bin        text
> > +mysql.user     authentication_string   42      NULL    NO      text11)e,'Y')'Insert','Update','References')J   65535   65535   NULL    NULL    utf8    utf8_bin        text
> >
> > Has anyone else seen failures like this?
>
> Yes, I did (not the same, but similar). I haven't investigated it yet.
>
> Regards,
> Sergei

FYI: I was building in 32 bit mode, when I switched to 64 bit mode,
these errors when away and I am down to 21 failures.  10 federated
failures plus these:

main.ps                                  w2 [ fail ]
main.select_pkeycache                    w2 [ fail ]
main.not_embedded_server                 w4 [ fail ]
main.mysqld--help-notwin                 w4 [ fail ]
sys_vars.binlog_dbug_fsync_sleep_basic   w1 [ fail ]
sys_vars.debug_crc_break_basic           w1 [ fail ]
main.file_contents                       w2 [ fail ]
sys_vars.plugin_dir_basic                w5 [ fail ]
main.select                              w4 [ fail ]
main.select_jcl6                         w4 [ fail ]
percona.percona_server_variables_release w2 [ fail ]

main.not_embedded_server is a known problem on IA64 HP-UX due to stack
checking.  I am going to try Vlad's change to mysql-test-run.pl
first to see if that makes the federated failures go away and then I
will try using -DWITH_MAX_NO_NDB=1 to see what effect that has.

Steve Ellcey
sje@xxxxxxxxxx