Re: Shared plugin library build question

Hi, Steve!

On Nov 09, Steve Ellcey wrote:
> On Wed, 2011-11-09 at 09:36 -0800, Steve Ellcey wrote:
>
> > It looks like READLINE is the way to go.  And with this change added to
> > the earlier ones I got the build to complete with no errors.  I haven't
> > tried running the test suite yet, but I will do that next.  This build
> > was done with GCC, I want to also try building with the HP compiler to
> > see how that works.
> >
> > Steve Ellcey
> > sje@xxxxxxxxxx
>
> FYI: I ran the test suite and got 2521 passes, 493 skipped, 30 disabled,
> and 41 fails.
>
> A bunch of federated tests failed with:
>
> 111109 11:19:27 [ERROR] /wsp/sje/mariadb/bazaar/repo/install/bin/mysqld:
> unknown option '--federated'
> 111109 11:19:27 [ERROR] Aborting
>
> I wonder if this is related to the shared library issue?  When building
> 5.3.2 I used '--with-plugins=max-no-ndb' on the configure.  Is there a
> CMake equivalent for this?

Yes, here're the alternatives:

* you can use BUILD/compile-*-debug-max-no-ndb
  it'll work as before.
* you can run ./configure --with-plugins=max-no-ndb
  it's a perl wrapper over cmake, that provides some (limited)
  autoconf's configure compatibility.
* you can run cmake -DWITH_MAX_NO_NDB=1
* you can run ccmake - it's a ncurses menu tool, that allows you to see
  all configuration variables and change them as you wish.
  There are graphical cmake configurators too.

> There seem to be some other failing tests where I have garbage in the
> output, I haven't investigated these but the failures are along the
> lines of this difference:
>
> -mysql.user     authentication_string   42      NULL    NO      text    65535   65535   NULL    NULL    utf8    utf8_bin        text
> +mysql.user     authentication_string   42      NULL    NO      text11)e,'Y')'Insert','Update','References')J   65535   65535   NULL    NULL    utf8    utf8_bin        text
>
> Has anyone else seen failures like this?

Yes, I did (not the same, but similar). I haven't investigated it yet.