Re: mariadb-server not installable on Debian Testing AMD64

Thomas Hackert <thackert@xxxxxxxx> writes:

> Should syslog not a dependency to install mariadb-server then?

Yes, this is a possibility, but just a guess on my part. Let's be sure of the
actual root cause before deciding how to fix.

> Well, I have "strace"d it to a file, but am not sure, what it is telling
> me ... :( The file is 7.2 MB ("bzip"ped only 340 KB) ... :( Is it
> possible to send it to someone, who is able to "read" strace? I am not,
> sorry ... :(

If you mail the gzip'ed one to me (or upload it to ftp.askmonty.org in
private/ if you prefer), then I will take a look.

Thanks!