Re: New MariaDB builds: regular trusty and special kvm-deb-sid-pbuilder-amd and (Re: MariaDB)

Otto Kekäläinen <otto@xxxxxxxxx> writes:

> Change the line
> 3902 time git-buildpackage --git-pristine-tar --git-notify=false
> --git-pbuilder --git-dist=trusty --git-arch=amd64
> 3902 time git-buildpackage --git-pristine-tar --git-notify=false

Ok, I did that, we will see how it goes.
Buildbot is suffering a lot from insufficient resources, one of my test builds
has been waiting for > 6 hours, and has not started yet :-/. So some patience
is needed.

> On the first time you should run manually
> apt-get install git-buildpackage
> gbp-clone --pristine-tar git://github.com/ottok/mariadb-5.5.git

For now, I opted to just do this from scratch in every build. It won't be run
that often anyway, I suppose.

Maybe it would make sense to do this in a permanent VM (one that is updated in
each build and is not reset for each new build). We have a couple that do that
already, but it will need some dedicated copies of the VM images. I think you
were already discussing this with Daniel, related to keepting the VM
up-to-date with Debian sid? The build could then just run apt-get dist-upgrade
at the start.

> (gbp is a wrapper around git, it just makes sure git pulls in all
> branches and tags that git-buildpackage needs)

Ok, I see, I'm not really much familiar with .deb build infrastructure.

> About your second message: yes, I have machines available and I could
> try to setup a mariadb-10.0 build on my own slave. Can you send me a
> link that describes how slaves work and how I set one up?

Here is the template we use to send for new build slaves: