maria-docs team mailing list archive

Re: Is there a way to see release specific docs for spatial support?

On 28/05/2016 17:30, Michael Moore wrote:
I've got the table compiled here.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1R7vwdctsoGQADY9i24yArvz8wQ59GSr59wKY6dUstbI/edit#gid=0

Would it be appropriate to add it to the KB?

The table looks great - the Knowledge Base is a community resource, and there's no problem with adding comparisons (there are quite a few MySQL-MariaDB comparison articles, since moving from MySQL is a common situation), so feel free to add it.

I was going to put it on our company blog, but since new versions will
bring new features it should probably be a living document somewhere.

The only reason I could think of that it might not be appropriate on the
KB is that I do include the MySQL info too, and I'm not sure if that
belongs on the MariaDB wiki.

Also, two more questions:

  * How long has the Aria database had spatial index support? Since
    MariaDB 5.1?
Yes, since the first release.

  * I didn't see docs for X() and Y(), but they were in MySQL since 5.4
    so I suspect that they're probably in MariaDB too.
The docs for x() and y() are at https://mariadb.com/kb/en/mariadb/st_x/ and https://mariadb.com/kb/en/mariadb/st_y/