Re: proposal to discuss forking of OpenERP GTK client

2012-10-11 16:48, Raphael Valyi skrev:
> And it's more than that, in v7.0 all the screen layouts now relies
> heavily on new HTML tags within the existing XML of the views, so you
> would have lot's of trouble re-implementing/maintaining some GTK
> rendering engine.
> For the very GTK die hard, I would rather suggest using Tryton instead
> which place the GTK client at the center of it.
>
> Otherwise, I would say as Stefan: let's focus on making the web client
> decent. Something like GMail is perfectly usable, the same could be
> achieved with OpenERP (of course not using standard high level
> component framework doesn't help), but at least the web-client code is
> now much cleaner than the rest of the OpenERP codebase.

Well for many of our customer gmail are unusable and the GTK-client are
a strong argument in competition with Google Apps.

> As for the RPC webservices, I hope they will be maintained on par
> because the very good integration potential of OpenERP is really
> something that make OpenERP attractive compared to other ERP's or
> enterprise applications in general.
Another strong argument are that there are webservices for everything in
OpenERP (the GTK-client are a proof for that) and if we loose that two
we have just lost two strong arguments for OpenERP.

Regards,