Re: Proposal to improve communication and make more efficient the inclusion of new branches.

Hello,

just as a reminder,
I'm testing the installation of the main OpenERP modules (who wants a lunch
module anyway?) after every OCB commits on Travis-CI:
https://travis-ci.org/akretion/openerp-addons-ci/builds
Since the 2 months or so the tracking is in place it has always been green.
If not we will be mailed and let you know.
This also tests systematically the RS-OCB tracking branch that implements
the "contact_id" solution that was preferred by many experts 6 months ago
(we have around 10 customers using it in prod without issue; I mean really
without ;-).
Because of some current Travis limitation to run only on certain branches,
I'm using a different repo for the Continuous Integration. The repo where
the common branches live is this one instead:
https://github.com/akretion/openerp-addons

Of course Runbot can be used too. The main advantage of Travis is that it's
zero hassle for anybody to set their own tracking branches with all the
testing he wants without having to ask anybody's permission (Github really
rocks at implementing decentralization of open source). It also costs zero
to use and maintain. It's also forge agnostic and let you pull from Github
as well as Launchpad or others.
Travis is open source and could also be extend if somebody wants to.
We also use it to test the Brazilian localization BTW.
If you want to know more about these tests and branches, feel free to get
in touch.

Regards.

--
Raphaël Valyi