Re: Proposal to improve communication and make more efficient the inclusion of new branches.

Hello,

> Of course Runbot can be used too. The main advantage of Travis is that
> it's zero hassle for anybody to set their own tracking branches with all
> the testing he wants without having to ask anybody's permission (Github
> really rocks at implementing decentralization of open source). It also
> costs zero to use and maintain. It's also forge agnostic and let you
> pull from Github as well as Launchpad or others.

IMHO it's a bad idea to use different platforms. Everyone in the OpenERP
community should follow the OpenERP guidelines which are: Launchpad,
Runbot, Rosetta, YAML Tests.

If one day people wants to switch to Github, this should be a global
decision and we should move all modules to github at once (and we think
it could be a good idea).

But, for now on, if everyone uses different development platforms, or
different testing platform, it's very difficult to collaborate. So, I
think it's important to stick to the current OpenERP standard.

If some wants to change these standard, we can organise a meeting/task
force for the next community meeting. But splitting efforts now is a bad
idea. (as a result of your approach, OCB branches are red and have not
been green for months).

Fabien