Re: Proposal to improve communication and make more efficient the inclusion of new branches.

On Sat, Oct 26, 2013 at 12:06 PM, Stefan <stefan@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> to put this discussion in perspective, let me give an overview of which
> schema changes have been put through in ocb-addons/7.0 so far:
>
> - An 'active' field was added to account.journal
> - A sequence field was added to account.tax
> - A link was created from crm.phonecall.report to crm.lead
>
> That is three changes of the approximately 60 ocb-specific commits so far
> in this branch.
>
> What I want to ask Olivier is, are you going to adopt the other 57 commits
> blindly, or would you still go and weed out anything you do not find
> suitable? If so, I'm afraid it's not going to be worth the trouble for us
> to maintain a separate branch for only these 3 schema-changing commits.

Just to be clear, we certainly can't blindly merge the other 57 commits,
we'll have to properly review them just like we would review any
contribution, and I hope you expect as much.

But this is only the first time. If we managed to setup a merge cycle with
a trusted stable-compliant OCB branch, it should become progressively
shorter, and with only a few commits to review every time this could make
the process quite fast and easy. OCB would then really serve as a way to
sponsor and fast-forward bugfixes to stable without OPW.