Re: Proposal to improve communication and make more efficient the inclusion of new branches.

On 10/28/2013 01:55 PM, Nicolas Bessi wrote:
> Hello,
>
>>   - active field on account.journal: IMHO it's a serious bug introduced
>>     in ocb branch; if you desactivate a journal containing journal items
>>     you create inconsistencies in all your legal reports. --> We will
>>     not merge this as it's against the rule defined for financial
>>     integrity. (the user should never be able to create inconsistencies)
>
> I Can not agreed with this one as deactivate is already available on account.account model:
>         'active': fields.boolean('Active', select=2, help="If the active field is set to False, it will allow you to hide the account without removing it."),

Nicolas,

It's very different. On account.account we have a mechanism to avoid
inconsistencies by preventing to desactivate an account that contains
journal items. (check the write() method on account.account)

--
Fabien