Re: Proposal to improve communication and make more efficient the inclusion of new branches.

Le 29/10/2013 10:09, Joël Grand-Guillaume a écrit :
(...) So, at the end, the question will be : How OpenERP SA can benefit from us ;) ?!
Being an end user, I could just as well ask how you can all benefit from us ? Joking of course - well, half joking at least. But let's not forget the community is a 3 players game please : OpenERP SA, service providers, users.

I'd really like to jump in and help with OCBs as soon as I can, but for the moment it's not clear how another fork is going to lower my maintenance costs, quite the contrary.

Seeing the big integrators cooperate is great, seeing OpenERP SA take part in this discussion is even greater. It's just - sometimes it has an air of feudalism, where great lords engage into battles, and users are just serfs. Please tell me it's just me being too much of a sans-culotte!

I'm not in favor of having 2 OCB branches (too much work). I think OCB should be part of the Official project (it deserve it). Weekly merge from OCB to Stable should be done with your review (accepting what you want, and not what you don't). This is manageable and you will still get lot's of input from us (making the bugfix process quicker). You'll spend less time merging our work with some filter rather than re-making the fix we already did.
OK so may what would you think of this :
- keep having feature branches
- make MPs to OCB
- when MP is merged into OCB, have a bot automatically make an MP of the same branch into stable, stating that it's already been reviewed and accepted in OCB. I suppose the 2nd MP can even be own by the OCB team.

Lionel.