Re: [Openerp-community-reviewer] New booking chart and web core modules

I am using internally bzr to make the deployment to my customers. That
means that an OpenERP installation has the three official components
(server, web, addons from official repos) plus some customer specific repos
containing customer specific modules and modules from other community
contributors.

The problem here is that there is a set of modules (the customer specific
modules + the community contributed) that should be handled at the same
time as unit (from the point of view of the customer) and at the same time
individually (community contributions from different repos that need to be
updated and maintained),

Git subtree seems to be a solution to this problem, and it could probably
be the base to the goal described by Raphael ( 1 module = 1 repo).

Additionally, it seems to me a strong argument that it is impossible for a
bunch of few persons (as capable as they are and even if they are plenty of
time to dedicate to this job) to review and approve what potentially it
could be a lot of contributions of the community. It seems not to be a
sensible strategy to deal with community contribution

I understand that a continuous integration in this scenario is perhaps
impossible, but why not make this integration part of value that
integrators like us provides to our customers.

I am not understanding which is the problem if now we keep the official
modules as they are today (with a single package and in bzr) and the
community shifts now to the one module per repository policy (with wathever
VCS you like).

Sorry if I miss something obvious. Any insight will be appreciated
Regards