Re: OCA repositories naming convention

On Mon, Jun 30, 2014 at 4:24 PM, Joël Grand-Guillaume
<joel.grandguillaume@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi all,
>

> Thanks for bringing your help here. I just have a doubt on localization
> name.
>
> I rather prefer to keep the name of the "locale-country" instead of
> "l10n-country_iso_code". My arguments for that is :
>
>  * Those repository belong to the local community (Spain, France, and so
> on..)
>
>  * They may contain other modules that are not "l10n_like"
>
>  * The country name is easy to remember and search for
>
> So, to summarize, my opinion is that it's better to have the name of the
> country as it represent the work of the whole locale community and not
> "only" the l10n_* modules.
>
> Do you agree here ?
>

> Best regards,
>
> Joël

Joël,

We kept the name of the country: l10n-france, l10n-switzerland, ...

I don't think "locale" is the correct word here.
"Locale" sounds to me too close to the 'locale' settings such as we
find in Linux (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Locale) and I think that
l10n is way more large and more accurate than formatting settings.