Re: new api, v8 release

I feel that Odoo is between a rock and and a hard place, now.
They have unstable code and a pressing need to release something they have
already promised.
Yes, the defending side will argue -and rightly so- that stable software is
a must.
But the "evil" forces of the market will be adamant: If you can not
deliver, do not promise.
Odoo is a real force to contend with in the SMB market and the competition
will use this as another proof of lack or reliability. Farfetched? Of
course. But they still will.

In my opinion the worst is the current official silence which is the source
of anxiety and rumours.
"August" is far too vague and comes from a functional consultant. Can we
take this as the official Odoo voice?

There is a big community our there waiting for new version.
It probably should have never been announced or at least not with such an
aggressive estimated date of delivery.
But it was.
And now, for the sake of damage control, I think that Odoo should inform
the market and the community in a realistic way.
IMHO
Lp

PS: The Saas-x issue is just a numbering scheme gone awry. Let's not even
waste energy in that. If anyone is running the beta version of V8, it says
Version 9 alpha 01 in the "About Odoo" screen. Again, optimistic numbering?

Luis Panozzo (Lp)
Technology Manager
Elmatica AS
luis.panozzo@xxxxxxxxxxxx

On 23 July 2014 20:16, Mario Arias <the.clone.master@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> We did, but just got the answer.  And it is not too comfortable...

>>> 8.0. We will push a branch used in production on saas for at least one