Re: Bug or feature: "Pay" button in invoice

Le jeudi 13 octobre 2011 à 09:54 +0200, David Rinnan a écrit :
> I am pretty sure that a french localization module could include a
> routine that removes the button or changes the functionality of the
> button.

I would like to make a suitable solution for ALL users, be they French
or Ukranian or Swedish. This feature is a real problem.

The problem with the "Pay Invoice" button is that it performs two
operations at the same time:

1) Firstly, it registers PAYMENT in the bank ledger.
2) Secondly, it CLOSES the invoice. This is the point we would like to
address.

So we propose to split the button in two clicks:

1) At first the button is displayed with text "Pay invoice". A first
click creates the entries in bank ledger. But the invoice stays open.

2) Then the button is displaying the following text "Close invoice". A
second click closes the invoice. A warning may be displayed:
"Closing an invoice cannot be canceled. For example, you will not be
able to reconcile payment using the bank statement wizard. Do you
confirm closing the invoice. Yes / No".

Of course, if we propose this, we are not asking you to make the
development. Would you agree on a patch?

Kind regards,
Kellogs