Re: Generate Opening Entries

Just to give a theoretical answer to Frédéric

the main problem lies not in the opening entries but in the closing
procedure; my question was if there is a used closing procedure other
from the one written by the italian-spanish communities.

In Italy and in other coutries (e.g. Germany) accountants usually
- close all the income/expense accounts into a net income account,
with an entry recorded  FY-0
- close the net income account into an equity account, with an entry
recorded  FY-0
- close all the assets/liabilities account, with an entry recorded  FY-0
- open all the assets/liabilities account, with an entry recorded  FY-1

In Italy, for reason connected with the accounting tradition the first
of the entries I described above is particularly important.

So to use Openerp in Italy it's mandatory to have a closing procedure,
although we can be flexible in the practical application, for example
we could merge the 1 and 2 entries in one and so on...

Ciao

Marco