Re: Fwd: Re: Various issues

Hi,

On 24.06.2012 14:08, Andi Șerbănescu wrote:
> I have a few theme packages installed: gnome, lxde, oxygen and
> faenza, all of them which store the icons under /usr/share/icons in
> sub-folders.
>
> I built and ran the little test program. It only displays the
> toolkit background and outputs the following to the console:
>
> themeSearchPaths: ("/usr/local/share/icons", "/usr/share/icons",
> ":/icons") themeName: "hicolor" hasThemeIcon("document-open"):
> false

It seems like Qt tries to pick the hicolor, i.e. fallback, theme
instead of some chosen one. So you probably just have to tell Qt which
theme you want it to use.

Usually Qt would probably pick this up via the GTK settings or it is
configured by KDE. And by searching the web a bit, this seems to be a
rather common problem for people that don't use GNOME or KDE.

I have not found a definite solution but you could look into running
"qtconfig" and/or editing "~/.config/Trolltech.conf" whether you can
set something meaningful there.

Or maybe enabling GtkStyle for qt-gui so that it picks up the Gtk
settings.

It depends on how you currently select an icon theme. But the general
idea seems to be that Qt picks up the GNOME and/or KDE settings or
none at all.

Also
https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Uniform_Look_for_QT_and_GTK_Applications#Using_gtk_icon_theme_in_Qt_apps
might be of help...

> I guess this means it doesn't recognize those themes. Maybe it's
> some weird Gentoo thing…
>
> BTW, are you familiar with DjView? Is it of any help with regard to
> the page issues? (I suppose they're not poppler-specific…)

Familiar, not really. Used it once or twice. What do you mean exactly
be page issues? The page layout stuff we discussed yesterday?