rednotebook-users team mailing list archive

Re: Trouble developing on windows 7

Hi Matt and everyone else,

as a bonus to the new cross-compiling scripts it is now possible to setup a RedNotebook development environment with the following steps on the commandline:

 * Install Python2.7
 * Clone RedNotebook repository
 * Change into "win" directory
 * python create-build-env.py
     o Creates C:\\gtkbin, C:\\PyInstaller-2.1 and runs some installers
 * Add C:\\gtkbin to your system's PATH environment variable

Afterwards you should be able to run "python rednotebook/journal.py". I have not tested this on windows, so it would be nice if you could give me some feedback on whether it works.

Cheers,
Jendrik