software-store-developers team mailing list archive

Re: gtk3 as default?!

Le 21/08/2011 18:11, Matthew Paul Thomas a écrit :

Hello, I was on vacations the two previous weeks, sorry for the late reply
- I'm not sure what the plan is for oneconf atm - there is an
interface implemented against s-c-gtk2, but that hasn't had any
testing as there isn't a server yet (afaik?), so I'm not sure whether
that's something that needs to be rewritten for gtk3 or if that's a
'next cycle' thing, again :/
I haven't heard from Didier since I published my proposal for how
OneConf could fit in the new design. So I'd be surprised if it happened
for 5.0.<https://wiki.ubuntu.com/SoftwareCenter#oneconf>

Did I miss your ping about this proposal ? I was waiting on you for the new design for a while, since the fact I went to reimplement the gtk2 version which is working with a locally installed server (will be online soon).

So, after talking to Martin, it seems that I can get an exception to reintroduce oneconf with a gtk3 version. Only the frontend has to be partially rewritten. However, it will then still have both options about additional/removed app instead of the merge of a single treeview as we discussed together last UDS IIRC.

However, I was thinking removing the treeview on the right as well as the additional viewpane and having something like:
- have no menu by default
- have a first pane in the style of the main pane, with all available computers to compare on that view. - below, have a second category contaning basically what was on the dialog box (name of the logged user, enable/desable in a checkbox the "share this inventory" and last sync on…"). This will make the feature a lot more discoverable.

Then, once you click on a computer, you get the oneconf pane as the one you had with gtk2.

What do you think about it? My goal is to start on that tomorrow after catching up on emails and finish for the end of week.

Didier