Re: Freezing touchpad

On 01/12/2010 22:08, Chris Down wrote:
Hi Guys

I have had the same issue for months, 10.04 and 10.10.

I get two mouse freeze issues;
1. the mouse freezes and the whole system freezes. I get a flashing Scroll and Caps Lock LED. Only fix is hard reboot.

With the previous version this problem was common also to my PC, but with 10.10 disappeared.

2. the mouse freezes but I have access to the keyboard, I can then restart gracefully. I did find a software fix through google that turned the mouse on again, but using this fix was very temporary, the mouse would freeze again shortly after. Rebooting
turned out to be the only real fix.

One thing is that the first happens to me most often if the system gets hot 70+ degrees C, using Flashplayer or doing heavy processing like number crunching.

I confirm that in my case the trigger is the motion and that is a problem of thouchpad: no freezing if a usb mouse is in use. But actually I prefer touchpad to mouse so it drives me insane too.

bye
sim

Please keep me in the loop if you find a fix for this as it drives me insane.

Good luck.
Chris

--
Simone Orcioni, Ph.D.
DIBET - Dipartimento di Ingegneria Biomedica Elettronica e Telecomunicazioni