Re: Windows Live SkyDrive support

On Wed, Jun 8, 2011 at 3:15 PM, Paulo de Souza Lima
<paulo.s.lima@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> My personal opinion: dealing with Microsoft protocols is an unglorious
> fight. You do a hard job trying to make your application to work, then
> Microsoft update the software and change the protocol, and you have to do
> all the job again and again. People from instant messengers (Pidgin, AMSN,
> Empathy, and others) know about that. Maybe you should focuse on making
> Syncany to achieve a more stable status, then try to include Microsoft
> protocol.

+1

> Just a guess.
>
> Cheers.
>
> 2011/6/8 Philipp Heckel <philipp.heckel@xxxxxxxxx>
>>
>> Seems like Microsoft designed a very messy protocol here.
>> I can't really help with the WSDL/XML stuff, sorry...
>>
>> Hang in there Jason!!
>>
>> On Tue, Jun 7, 2011 at 11:20 PM, Jason Irwin <jasonirwin73@xxxxxxxxx>
>> wrote:
>> > Got slightly further tonight, managed to get a valid challenge from  the
>> > "Windows Live Messenger Connect" service.  "Restlet" seems to have a
>> > mechanism to allow for the creation of a custom handler (maybe "Jersey"
>> > too).  I intend to stick with "Restlet" for now that is what I intend
>> > for
>> > now, unless someone has a good reason not to.  I'll need to see what
>> > documentation I can scare up on the "HTTP_PASSPORT1.4" scheme, can't
>> > find
>> > much on the Microsoft sites.
>> >
>> > Embarrassingly, one point I am stuck at is probably the most simple
>> > point,
>> > creating the SOAP messages as XML strings.  Does anyone know a quick way
>> > translate a WSDL into classes that can return the xml as a String?
>> > "wsimport" will not work.  Either that or I am going to have to work out
>> > the
>> > XML by hand.  Ugly.
>> >
>> > If anyone has experience of REST/SOAP and wants to lend a hand, feel
>> > free to
>> > say so and I will create a proper branch of what little I have.
>> > Something
>> > else to figure out how to do! :-)
>> >

>> --
>

> --
> Paulo de Souza Lima
> Técnico em Eletrônica e Administrador
> http://www.pasl.net.br
> http://almalivre.wordpress.com
> Curitiba - PR
> Linux User #432358
> Ubuntu User #28729
>
> --

Best Regards,

Christian Ledermann

Nairobi - Kenya
Mobile : +254 702978914

<*)))>{

If you save the living environment, the biodiversity that we have left,
you will also automatically save the physical environment, too. But If
you only save the physical environment, you will ultimately lose both.

1) Don’t drive species to extinction

2) Don’t destroy a habitat that species rely on.

3) Don’t change the climate in ways that will result in the above.

}<(((*>