tomdroid-dev team mailing list archive

Re: Tomdroid 0.4.0 released!

I'm back from the Canadian wood cabin, sorry for the "release then disappear
in the woods"..

I'll try to process everything in the right order but feel free to correct
me if you think I digress.

On Sun, Oct 10, 2010 at 7:38 PM, Stuart Langridge <
stuart.langridge@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> OK, I have worked out the problem, and pushed a branch for merging which
> resolves it. Description from that branch:
> ----------------------------
> The Snowy API has a "guid" element for each note. Although you'd think
> that this was a UUID, and indeed Tomboy always generates these items as
> UUIDs, Ubuntu One doesn't (for notes created *at* Ubuntu One), and the
> spec doesn't actually require it. So, this branch patches Tomdroid to
> not require UUID format for guids; they're just strings.

Thanks for the troubleshooting and the branch! I will issue a fixed release
Wednesday evening EDT (unless something I can't control happens).

> This branch also moves the lib/ folder to libs/. This means that the
> default ant setup for building Android projects can find the external
> libs. What this actually means is that you can build Tomdroid without
> using Eclipse at all. Simply do "android update project -p ." inside the
> Tomdroid branch, and then "ant debug" to make a debug build. This should
> make things easier for people (like me) who don't like Eclipse :-)

I just added your instructions and Rodja's to the doc/dev/README file.

--
Olivier Bilodeau <olivier@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>