Re: ToriOS Beta2

Den 2015-02-23 15:44, Israel skrev:
> On 02/23/2015 08:30 AM, Nio Wiklund wrote:
>
>> I've made an OEM tarball now (to be tested). I made it with and for my
>> separate One Button Installer, and it is in OEM user mode (not yet
>> prepared for the end user), because it is also a 'backup' of this system.
>>
>> It is bigger, but not that much, It seems small enough for an iso file
>> within CD size.
>>
>> Current version in the pre-beta iso file (size MB 10-base)
>> 378 MB ToriOS-i386.tar.xz
>>
>> My OEM tarball
>> 392 MB ToriOS-oem-b1.tar.xz
>>
>> Difference 14 MB and the iso file is 677 Mibibytes, with a margin of
>>
>> 23 Mibibytes approx 24 MB (10-base) to 700 Mibibytes.
> Hi Nio!
> Great!
> How did you configure the OEM installer?  Did everything simply work?
> If so, this is great news!!  That was one of the issues I wanted to solve!
> Does the oem interface have the Numix GTK theme?
>
> This would be wonderful news!!
> The base really does not need much more attention (maybe a few minor
> things, which can probably be done with an update and re-tar)

Hi Israel,

I configured the OEM system according to an instruction that works with
other systems, for example LXLE. See the attached file.

It worked with the OEM user (of course, it is like any user), but the
part of Ubiquity, that should guide the user to create user and
password, did not work. I saw much enough to find that the system found
no window manager. Obviously, it did not find or did not like JWM :-(

I logged into a text screen and installed openbox (but did no tweaking).
Then it worked better (but I would not say it was good), I could get
into openbox and the guide to create user and password started.

I have no idea why this does not work. If we cannot fix it, it might be
an alternative to make a simple script with zenity to prompt for a new
user and to remove the oem user.

# GTK+ frontend for end-user post-OEM-install configuration
#
# The oem-config script re-asks a number of questions that are normally asked
# during installation, and reconfigures the system accordingly. This allows a
# vendor to install a skeleton system, clone it onto a large number of
# machines, and ship it to end users, while still allowing end users to set
# up their own username and password, language, timezone, and so on.
#
# This is a GTK+ frontend to oem-config.
#
# Source package
#
#    "ubiquity" 2.10.29 source package in The Precise Pangolin

sudo oem-config-prepare

# --------------------------------------------------------------------------

https://trisquel.info/en/wiki/oem-installation

OEM Installation

An easy and practical way of distributing free software without major
complications is selling computer equipment with Trisquel pre-installed.

This allows the distributor to take care of selecting hardware that is
compatible with free software, and allows the end user to take care of
individual user settings such as usernames, passwords, and system language.

Steps for an OEM installation:

1. Download the ISO image, copy it onto a CD or a USB device and install
normally.

2. Use the following for installation:

    User name: OEM
    Login name: oem
    Password:123456 (can be anything)
    Hostname: oem

3. Log on, connect to the Internet and install any applicable system updates.

4. Install any applications that are required or appropriate for the likely
usage of the system.

5. In a terminal execute:

   sudo aptitude install oem-config
   sudo aptitude install oem-config-gtk

This will install the packages needed to configure the computer for OEM.

6. Restart the computer.

7. In a terminal execute:

   sudo oem-config-prepare

This will prepare the system to be set up by the new user.

Notes:

    Be sure to select the correct computer architecture when downloading
    Trisquel.

    The OEM user is deleted when the new user sets up the system.

    If appropriate, make a clone or image of your computer's hard disk to
    facilitate the replication of the settings. This can then be used on
    other computers.

    Except for the architecture (i686 or amd64), the same image can be used
    on any computer whose hardware is compatible with free software.

# for add-apt-repository

sudo apt-get install python-software-properties software-properties-common

# for installation of language packs (Language Support)

sudo apt-get install language-selector-gnome