Re: download fails

On Sun, Jan 8, 2017 at 9:31 AM, Israel <israeldahl@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi Ali,

Hi,

Sorry I was AFK so didn't reply sooner.

> (bottom posting)
>
> On 01/07/2017 04:24 PM, Ali Linx (amjjawad) wrote:
>

> On Sun, Jan 8, 2017 at 9:19 AM, Israel <israeldahl@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> Hi Ali,
>> (inlines)
>>

> Hi :)
>

>> On 01/07/2017 04:14 PM, Ali Linx (amjjawad) wrote:
>>
>> Hello everyone and happy new 2017 to all of you ❤
>>
>> Indeed happy new year!
>>

> Same goes to you, thanks!
>

>> ..
>>
>> For the time being, I have updated the download link with:
>> https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bw-s_t-wO9m6VUVUd2swMWZkaXc
>> /view?usp=sharing
>>
>> Thank you!
>>
>> ..
>>
>> Yet again, Phill has failed to inform us BEFORE that.
>>
>> Phill did inform us around Christmas, at least he informed myself and Nio
>> that he would be doing routine work on the server, just in case something
>> went wrong (which it did).  He has kept in contact with everyone who uses
>> his server, and is trying to restore them.  Technology (unfortunately) does
>> not always do what we think it will.
>>

> No one informed me.
> This is super important and I should have been informed so I can find
> alternatives.
>

>> Why can we not host an ISO on torios.top?
>> Is there a downside to doing that?
>>

> When I paid to Kris for the service (hosting websites), he was against the
> idea of hosting an ISO. However, I just sent him a message before I reply
> this email. If he refused, we must find another hosting server, service,
> whatever.
>
> Again, I can't and don't want to take any risk. ToriOS is a well-known now.
> We must provide a better service to our users.
>

>> --
>> Regards
>>

>> --
>>

> --
> Remember: "All of us are smarter than any one of us."
>
> Best Regards,
> Ali/amjjawad <https://wiki.ubuntu.com/amjjawad>
>
> It is indeed important to inform you about the situation, sorry I did not.

It's ok. Thankfully we managed to find a temporary solution for now.

> I have been very busy the past few days, my wife is a doula (birth
> attendant for midwives, and hospital births) and was at a birth during two
> days recently, and our schedule has been very odd since then, trying to
> recuperate.
> Previously we had the holidays.  It has been quite busy :D

Very noble profession. She's helping to give birth to new humans. What
could be better than this?!

Hope you all had a great holidays!

> I also forgot that you were not 'in the loop'.

Yes. I have learned the lesson, the hard long way. So, that loop is not my
cup of tea any more ;-)

> I agree that we should definitely host our ISO on our own site.
> That should be the number one spot.

Check Kris's reply. I attached a screenshot.

> Are there other ISO hosting services for distros?
>
> Universities often carry a mirror, so perhaps someone can talk to their
> university?

I don't have any connection with any university here :-(
Maybe someone else here does?