Re: download fails

Den 2017-01-07 kl. 23:31, skrev Israel:
Hi Ali,
(bottom posting)
On 01/07/2017 04:24 PM, Ali Linx (amjjawad) wrote:

On Sun, Jan 8, 2017 at 9:19 AM, Israel <israeldahl@xxxxxxxxx
<mailto:israeldahl@xxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

    Hi Ali,
    (inlines)

Hi :)

    On 01/07/2017 04:14 PM, Ali Linx (amjjawad) wrote:
    Hello everyone and happy new 2017 to all of you ❤
    Indeed happy new year!

Same goes to you, thanks!

    ..

    For the time being, I have updated the download link with:
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bw-s_t-wO9m6VUVUd2swMWZkaXc/view?usp=sharing
    <https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bw-s_t-wO9m6VUVUd2swMWZkaXc/view?usp=sharing>

    Thank you!
    ..

    Yet again, Phill has failed to inform us BEFORE that.

    Phill did inform us around Christmas, at least he informed myself
    and Nio that he would be doing routine work on the server, just in
    case something went wrong (which it did).  He has kept in contact
    with everyone who uses his server, and is trying to restore them.
    Technology (unfortunately) does not always do what we think it will.

No one informed me.
This is super important and I should have been informed so I can find
alternatives.

    Why can we not host an ISO on torios.top?
    Is there a downside to doing that?

When I paid to Kris for the service (hosting websites), he was against
the idea of hosting an ISO. However, I just sent him a message before
I reply this email. If he refused, we must find another hosting
server, service, whatever.

Again, I can't and don't want to take any risk. ToriOS is a well-known
now.
We must provide a better service to our users.

Best Regards,
Ali/amjjawad <https://wiki.ubuntu.com/amjjawad>
It is indeed important to inform you about the situation, sorry I did not.
I have been very busy the past few days, my wife is a doula (birth
attendant for midwives, and hospital births) and was at a birth during
two days recently, and our schedule has been very odd since then, trying
to recuperate.
Previously we had the holidays.  It has been quite busy :D
I also forgot that you were not 'in the loop'.

I agree that we should definitely host our ISO on our own site.
That should be the number one spot.

Are there other ISO hosting services for distros?

Universities often carry a mirror, so perhaps someone can talk to their
university?

Hi Ali and Israel and everybody else,

I agree with both of you that the highest priority is the have the released ToriOS iso file on a server (paid if necessary, but let us look for free alternatives).

The second alternative can be what you are providing at Google Drive, Ali.

The third alternative can be a torrent.

@ Ali, Maybe we can chat about running a torrent client. Actually it is very easy - every teenager can do it. 'Too easy' according to the music and film industry ;-)